The best motivation in the world

The best motivation in the world

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Baby Food Diet

So, I've decided I'm going to start a new trend - a baby food diet. Don't laugh at me yet. Now that Hope is able to eat solids, we've been buying her little puffs and yogurt melts because she loves to feed herself. I was sitting with her the other day and she put a zesty tomato cheese puff in my mouth. Despite the fact that it was soggier than I normally care for, it was BETTER than a Cheeto! I looked at the can and realized I could indulge in 18 of those puffs for 25 calories AND get vitamins and protein. Ummm, can you say "yay"? I know it's silly and not realistic but it does make me wonder at what point did food manufacturers stop making food healthy? Wouldn't you want to continue to feed adults the same vitamin and protein levels? Everyone laughs at me, but I think I may be on to something. I've been quite sick this week and not really wanting to work out, but I'm going to walk today, right after I finish my yogurt melt snack. 1/4 cup of strawberry goodness for 30 calories! With all diets there is a catch, of course. Turns out healthy doesn't equal cheap. We're all willing to pay the price to get fit though, right? A big thanks to my little Hopey to introducing me to her world of munchies. Now I just have to make sure I leave some for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment